|Grind||Medium (17 on Baratza Encore/Virtuoso/Preciso, 7.5 on EK43)|
|Ratio||22g coffee, 350g water|
- Add ground coffee to the rinsed filter and gently shake the Wave to settle the coffee bed.
- Pour 50g of water over the grounds, saturating the bed. Start your timer.
- Stir the bed so that all the grounds are evenly wet. After stirring, let it sit until the timer reads 30 seconds.
- After 30 seconds, begin pouring from the center and circle outwards. Once you reach the edge, pour once down the filter to wash any rising grinds back into the brew. Circle back towards the center and repeat.
- Pour continuously and at an even rate until you have added all the water, at around 2:00. Take care to pour gently to minimize agitation, and do not let the water level rise too high – always keep it just above the coffee bed.
- When there are no more drips (about another minute), the brew is complete. Stir coffee and enjoy.