|Yield||24oz brewed coffee|
|Grind||Coarse (30 on the Baratza Encore/Virtuoso/Preciso)|
|Ratio||50g of coffee, 800g of water|
- Add ground coffee to the rinsed filter and gently shake the Chemex to settle the coffee bed.
- Pour and fully cover the bed with 100g of water. Start your timer.
- Stir the bed so that all the grounds are evenly wet. After stirring, let the coffee sit until the timer reads 45 seconds.
- For the next minute, pour in 350g of water in a circular motion, starting in the center and moving outwards. Once you reach the edge, circle back towards the center. Pour at an even rate.
- Let the water level fall, but before the coffee bed is exposed, add the remaining 350g of water, pouring in the same circular motion for one minute.
- When the brew is complete (about another minute), discard the grounds and swirl the coffee. Pour and enjoy.